These High Speed, Compact Leverdrags, with Powerful Gears and Drag Curves were designed for fly-lining live baits or chunks into the chum line on Long Range Stand-Up Tuna Boats, utilizing PowerPro with short top shots. Small Reel - Big Fish!
The TAC8II and TAC10II were designed for fishing 40-50lb PowerPro with a 30-40 Fluorocarbon leader (up to 13 lbs of drag at strike and 20 lbs at full), whereas the TAC12II and TAC16II were designed for fishing 65lb-80lb PowerPro with a 60lb-80lb Fluorocarbon top shots (up to 22lbs of drag at strike and 40 lbs. at full).
Fly-lining live baits. Catching big fish on small leverdrags. Common sense says that this is an oxymoron. Star Drags are better casters by nature. They have lighter spools because the drags are in the gears, not the spool. Lever Drags tend to have more power in the drag system because their washers are so much larger.
With Talica 2-Speeds we set out to break the mold. We wanted to make a 2-Speed Leverdrag that could underhand a sardine 40 feet to the chum line with ease. We also wanted to increase the fishable drag capabilities of a small diameter reel to fish with heavy PowerPro and short Fluorocarbon top shots that anglers are using to land huge fish.
We also know, from our successes with HEG (High Efficiency Gearing) in our Star Drag reels, that we could make the ultimate 2-Speed: one with fast line pickup compared to traditional 2-speeds but with unbelievable crank power in either gear ratio. So when you drop it into low on a circling Tuna at deep color, instead of gaining a couple inches, you are gaining around 2 feet.
|Model||Line Retrieve Per Crank (in)||Mono Line Capacity (# Test/yd)||PowerPro Line Capacity (#Test/yd)||Full Max Drag with Freespool (lb)||Strike Max Drag with Freespool (lb)||S A-RB Ball Bearings||High Gear Ratio||Low Gear Ratio|
|TAC8II||38/25||15/280,20/200,25/165||40/395, 50/390, 65/235||20.0||13.0||6||6.2:1||4.1:1|
|TAC10II||38/25||15/380,20/270,25/215||40/540, 50/535, 65/335||20.0||13.0||6||6.2:1||4.1:1|
|TAC12II||41/22||20/350,25/280,30/230||50/700, 65/400, 80/355||40.0||22.0||6||5.7:1||3.1:1|
|TAC16II||41/22||20/440,25/350,30/300||50/845, 65/485, 80/430||40.0||22.0||6||5.7:1||3.1:1|
Models: Tac 8II, Tac 10II, Tac 12II, Tac 16II, Tac 20II, Tac 25II
- Compact, High Speed, Castable Lever Drag, with High Capacity
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection
- 2 year warranty with online registration
- One-Piece Cold Forged and Machined Aluminum Frame with E.I.
- Machined Aluminum Handle-Side Sideplate with E.I.
- Cold Forged Machined Aluminum Spool with E.I.
- Lightweight Spool with Greaseless Support Bearings for excellent live-bait castability
- Topless Design
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for Ultra-High Drag Pressures
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ergonomic Power Handle
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knob with Click
- 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Ball Bearings)
- Aluminum Rod Clamp
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
- 2014 Shimano Tour Event at The Longfin
- About Our Company
- Affiliate Policy
- Contact Us
- Credit Card Policy
- Customer Appreciation Day
- Fishing Reel Repair
- Fishing Report
- Gift Certificates
- Return Policy
- Shipping Policy
- Store Location
- Terms and Conditions
- The Longfin Blog
- The Sleepy Salmon
- Tony Reyes Fishing Tours Information
- Tony Reyes Mexico Website
- Monday, May 12, 2014
- The 2014 Shimano Tour Event Saturday June 7th at The Longfin!
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $100.00
- Thursday, April 28, 2011
- 2012 Tony Reyes Schedule Announced